Friday, June 19, 2009

Honestly, Do These Things Only Happen To Me

Yes, the toes again and also my husband's idea of romantic sleepwear! However, if you look closely at toe number two you will see a bruise on the side of it. I have a hungry little critter that creeps around in my kitchen when I am not looking. He sneaks into the chocolate chip stash, gnaws apart the bag and blasts chips all around the cupboard. Periodically, I have to relocate the chocolate chips so as to keep them protected.

A new spot was found, high on top of the cupboard in a large decorative bowl. The chips were hidden and safe. The next day, I'll blame it on pre-menopause, I was craving a small handful of chocolate chips to take the edge off. Some people have coffee, some other vices, mine is chocolate! I reach up to grab the bowl and can not quite reach it. Did I shrink overnight? Stretch a little farther, up on tip toes and .......... I swear I could even hear it.......POP! My toe pops out of joint. Is my calcium level that low? This is quite pathetic. Mega pain and guilt. Am I being punished for hiding chocolate chips? Is there no mercy anymore?

So here it is, my confession of how I sprained my toe, public for the world to see, and the picture of the critter partially responsible.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the toe I know that hurts and it will forever!
I love the mouse too funny! Lots of laughing going on here in Ohio!

Karen G. said...

Glen also has a need to consume chocolate chips and needs to keep them hidden from Scott and Melissa. He has lately given up on doing so. Although I am not a fan of chocolate necessarily, I feel your pain. Great job with the mouse!

Me said...

Ouch.

I need someone to hide them from myself...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin