Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Gardening (Dis)Abilities

The green thumb missed me in my family. My mom, sister, aunts and even my dad were all blessed with gardening grace. I am a perennial type of gal. If I can get it established then I am golden. Numerous weeds and very tall grass stems are always present. From far away it all blends in, but up close, eek!






A summer rose, daisies and iris....






A beautiful poppy bush that I thought was a weed. I tried to pull it out the first year and kept mowing it over. Thankfully, it was tenacious and returned in all it's glory!






White peonies





My sad attempt at a garden. My husband still teases me for all the weeds in last year's effort. This year I laid down plywood to keep the weeds at bay and went the potted garden route. We shall see.....





I sincerely hope this is not the most edible thing I will find in this year's garden. Say a prayer for me!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just speechless...
Ah... girl praying for a break through for a green thumb for you!
Laughing in Ohio!!

Me said...

I like to think this year is a turning point for us in the green thumb arena. The only thing I have succeeded in growing in years past is cactus's.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin