Monday, September 7, 2009

Let's Try and Not Forget!

Today as we celebrate Labor Day, I asked myself a question....... What is Labor Day? I'm sure at some point and time it was taught to me, but that information has either slipped out of my mind or been forgotten. I went to this website and found the historical answer to my question.The two quotes that really struck me from this site:

1. "It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country".

2. "It is appropriate, therefore, that the nation pay tribute on Labor Day to the creator of so much of the nation's strength, freedom, and leadership — the American worker".

My thought is..... let's start acting like it people! Let the people who want to work, work and not feel hampered. Our country is great because of the workers that toil to keep it going and improving. Each person has the ability to contribute in some way, either through working in a company, the armed service, the home or impacting others that do. A big thank you and hug to each person that is helping to make this country great. Keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Diane,

Like you, I'm grateful for everyone doing their part to make our country GREAT. Being a military mom, I especially appreciate our troops.

Thank you for the kind words you left on this week's post at my blog. I pray God intervenes in both our situations, and somehow uses it all for His glory.

Happy Labor Day!

Andrea said...

AMEN.
Great post!
Thank you for your sweet comments on arise 2 write.
Blessings, andrea

Keli Gwyn said...

Wonderful reminder of the importance of the American worker. I hope many are enjoying a well deserved day of rest and relaxation.

Tana said...

Amen and Amen!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful post. Great reminder for all of us. Lets give a hand to the American worker. Happy Labor Day to you. Thanks for stopping by.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin