Monday, June 22, 2009

The Melon Above our Necks

Admittedly, I am a Sci-Fi freak. One of my all time favorite movies is the 1990 classic Total Recall. A man finds out that certain false memories were implanted in his mind while other true thoughts and memories were removed. He goes through the process of discovering which is which. It amazed me to really ponder that if I had a thought in my mind was it always perceived correctly. Could it become a real memory and true in my life like it did for Arrrrnold?



Our brains are incredible organs. It is amazing to me all of its physical attributes but also the emotional and mental capabilities it holds. Every thought that enters our melons are like seeds, we need to decide what fruit they will produce. Some seeds are beneficial and beautiful and become useful information for us to recall. Others, are life choking weeds that consume our thoughts and stir our emotions into chaos. Those things I ponder for too long do become real in my life.



A term that fascinates me is "arrested development", an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely. Our bodies will continue to grow and mature but our minds will not age past the point of our hurt or wrong thinking. Just like Arnold, until he faced the memories and removed his wrong thinking, he couldn't kill the bad guys, get the girl and save Mars to become the superhero he is. So come on Captain Melon, join me in the fight to erradicate mixed up thinking and save our brains from the evil forces of Mr. Wrong Thoughts.





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin