Thursday, November 26, 2009

Think About it Thursdays

Cell phone vs. Bible: Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several time a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?

Something to make you go....hmmm...

9 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

All of that? Brilliant. And why not?

Andrea said...

Love this post! I actually do most of these things. I even get teased for not being caught without my Bible. I carry a small one in my purse, but often I have my favorite one in the car with me, etc. I suppose for me it is a bit like have a security blanket with me. If I get stuck somewhere it is not a waste of time....I just pick up my Bible and journal and study until that time passes.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Blessings and hugs, andrea

Teri said...

I read a quote a long time ago about the scriptures being compared to the usage of the TV Guide if they stood in a place of importance or if the TV Guide did. Which one was picked up and thumbed through every day. KInd of old school, so I really like the cell phone analogy. I think I may need to use that in church on Sunday! Thanks!

Precious Gems said...

Definately something to think about. Happy Thanksgiving :)

Patti said...

We'd all be a lot better off.

Azure Accessories said...

Definitly thought provoking...often we don't put the importance in the rightful place!!!

Cheers

Nancy said...

We would all be better off if we relied on our Bibles as much as our cell phones. Can't you just see a woman grabbing her Bible at the grocery store to check on something? I admit, though I use mine every day, it does get a lot of "emergency use."

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! :)

Christy said...

You are so right. I think maybe I do need to get one for my purse. Thanks. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin